TDCX-Troubleshooting Data Center Switching
- Duration: 1 day
- Test Level: 0
- Certifications: No Certification
- Price: $700
- Exams: No Exam
This one-day course is designed to provide students with advanced knowledge of some key QFX5100 features. Students will be able to enhance the knowledge and skills learned in the Data Center Switching (DCX) course, which serves as a prerequisite to this course. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in troubleshooting multichassis link aggregation (MC-LAG), Virtual Chassis (VC), and Virtual Chassis Fabric (VCF). This course uses the Juniper Networks QFX5100 and EX4300 Series switches for the hands-on component. This course is based on the Junos OS Release 13.2X51-D21.1.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
• Explain a basic troubleshooting approach.• List and use available troubleshooting tools.• Describe the expected state and operation.• Describe key processes and components.• Identify potential issues with MC-LAG.• Resolve basic issues with MC-LAG.• Describe the expected state and operation.• Describe key processes and components.• Identify potential issues with Virtual Chassis.• Resolve basic issues with Virtual Chassis.• Explain the expected state and operation.• Describe key processes and components.• Identify potential issues with VCF.• Resolve basic issues with VCF.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: Troubleshooting Basics
• Troubleshooting Overview• A Troubleshooting Approach• Troubleshooting Tools
Chapter 3: Troubleshooting Multichassis LAG
• Multichassis LAG Review• Processes and Components• Troubleshooting Case Study
Lab 1: Troubleshooting Multichassis LAG
Chapter 4: Troubleshooting Virtual Chassis
• Virtual Chassis Technology Review• Processes and Components• Troubleshooting Case Study
Lab 2: Troubleshooting Virtual Chassis Technologies
The following are the prerequisites for this course:
• Intermediate networking knowledge;• Understanding of the OSI model and TCP/IP;• The Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) course;• The Junos Routing Essentials (JRE) course;• The Junos Enterprise Switching using Enhanced Layer 2 Software (JEX-ELS) course; and• The Data Center Switching (DCX) course.