JS-SP : JUNOS Space-Service Provider
- Duration: 1 day
- Test Level: 0
- Certifications: No Certification
- Price: $700
- Exams: No Exam
This one-day course is designed to provide students with the knowledge required to manage the Junos Space appliance and centrally manage network services within a service provider environment. Centralized management options offered by the Junos Space Services Activation Director Suite will be explored, including service provisioning, performance and fault management, and QoS management. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience with the Junos Space applications Network Activate and Transport Activate. This course is based on Junos Space Release 13.1R1.6, and the Services Activation Director Suite Release 13.1R1.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
• Discuss challenges for service provider networks.• Explain the Services Activation Director capabilities and requirements.• Describe the Services Activation Director suite applications.• Pre-stage network devices.• Design Layer 2 and Layer 3 services.• Configure the Network Activate application.• Explain the Transport Activate application features.• Perform QoS domain discovery.• Configure QoS profiles.• Apply QoS features to Ethernet services.• Configure OAM threshold values within an action profile.• Apply connectivity fault management (CFM) profiles to network services.• Measure the end-to-end performance of interconnected network devices.• Discover and manage timing and synchronization devices.• Apply Precision Time Protocol (PTP) master and slave settings to network devices.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: Introduction to Services Activation Director
• Services Activation Director Overview• Services Activation Director Applications
Chapter 3: Activating Network and Transport Services
• Network Activate Pre-Staging• Network Activate Services• Transport Activate• Case Study• Lab: Service Provisioning
Chapter 4: QoS Design
• QoS Design Overview• QoS Domains• QoS Design Configuration• QoS Design Deployment
Chapter 5: OAM Insight
• OAM Insight Overview• OAM Insight Service Provisioning• Lab: Managing Services
Appendix A: Sync Design
• Sync Design Overview• Sync Design Service Provisioning
Students should have experience with the Junos operating system, including device management and routing. Students should also attend the Junos Space Essentials (JSE), Junos Routing Essentials (JRE), and Junos MPLS and VPNs (JMV) courses prior to attending this class.