JSDNF-Juniper Networks SDN Fundamentals
- Duration: 1 day
- Test Level: 0
- Certifications: No Certification
- Price: $700
- Exams: No Exam
This one-day course is designed to provide students with an overview of software defined networking (SDN). Students will gain knowledge of why SDN is needed and how it solves problems in today's networking. Students will also get some experience with the basic features of Juniper Contrail through hands-on labs.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
• Understand the need for SDN and which problems it can help solve.• Discuss SDN and its different implementations.• Identify the different areas where SDN can be utilized.• Describe the OpenFlow protocol.• Discuss different real-world implementations of SDN.• Describe a Contrail use case.
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Introduction to Software Defined Networking
• Current Infrastructure Limitations• Advantages of Implementing SDN• SDN Camps and Definitions• SDN Versus NFV• Relevant Entities and Standards Bodies
Chapter 3: SDN Applications
• SDN in the Data Center• SDN in the Enterprise• SDN in the WAN• SDN in Transport Networks
Chapter 4: OpenFlow
• Northbound, Southbound and East/West Interfaces• OpenFlow Overview• OpenFlow Message Exchange
Chapter 5: Juniper Contrail
• Juniper Contrail• OpenStack• Lab: Introduction to Contrail
Chapter 6: SDN Use Cases
• Lab: Contrail Features
The following are the prerequisites for this course:
• Fundamental understanding of network design; and• An understanding of network protocols such as BGP, OSPF, and STP.