JSPX : JUNOS Service Provider Switching
- Duration: 2 days
- Test Level: 2
- Certifications: No Certification
- Price: $1,595.00
- Exams: JN0-360
The Junos Service Provider Switching course is a two-day course that provides students with intermediate switching knowledge and configuration examples that are most common in a Service provider implementation. The course includes an overview of switching concepts such as LANs, Layer 2 address learning, bridging, virtual LANs (VLANs), provider bridging, provider backbone bridging, VLAN translation, spanning-tree protocols, and Ethernet Operation, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM).
This course also covers Junos operating system-specific implementations of Integrated Routing and Bridging (IRB) interfaces, routing instances, virtual switches, load balancing, and port mirroring. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the Junos Software and device operations.
- Introduction to carrier Ethernet
- Describe the function of an Ethernet LAN
- Describe Ethernet frame filtering
- Implement VLAN tagging
- Implement IRB
- Implement a virtual switch
- Describe interconnecting routing instances
- Describe provider bridging
- Configure and monitor provider bridging
- Configure and monitor provider backbone bridging
- Explain the purpose of the Spanning Tree Protocol (STP)
- Configure and monitor the STP, the RSTP, the MSTP, and the VSTP
- Explain the purpose of bridge protocol data unit (BPDU), loop, and root protection
- Describe the basic operation of link fault management (LFM)
- Describe the basic operation of connectivity fault management (CFM)
- Configure and monitor Ethernet OAM
- Describe and configure Ethernet Ring Protection (ERP)
Network engineers, technical support personnel, reseller support engineers, and others responsible for implementing and/or maintaining the Juniper Networks products covered in this course.
Students must have basic networking knowledge and an understanding of the OSI model and the TCP/IP protocol suite.
Students should also have attended the Introduction to the Junos Operating System(IJOS) and the Junos Routing Essentials (JRE) courses or have equivalent experience prior to attending this class.